EXPERIENCED INSIDE SALES PERSON
CALGARY (PLUMBING SIDE)
Closing Date: May/31/2019
FRONTIER PLUMBING & HEATING SUPPLY in CALGARY is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team at 1320 Highfield Crescent S.E., with responsibility for INSIDE SALES.
The successful candidate is accountable for pricing, quotes and technical information on day-to-day inquiries for projects and products. Assists in preparation, distribution and follow-up of projects, shop drawings and maintenance manuals. Assists in the preparation of job releases and pricing specialty products.
- Prepares accurate, detailed and professional quotation packages for customers within a specified deadline
- Acts as quotations consultant to sales representatives, order desk representatives and specified customers.
- Ensures all quotations are accompanied with relevant documentation
- Ensures quotes are completed within established price structures
- Ensures quoted products are ordered, allocated properly and prepared for delivery when required
- Follows up on outstanding quotations to secure orders
- Investigate any customer-vendor problems; resolves pricing shortfalls and material returns in a timely manner
- Keeps statistics monthly on percentage of jobs secured or lost and dollar value.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Plumbing Knowledge, Strong Work Ethic; Good Computer Skills; Effective Communicator
- Multi-tasker who works well under pressure in high demand situations with tight timelines/multiple deadlines
- Maintains a positive attitude and treats coworkers and customers with respect
- Well organized; detail oriented; works well in a team or independently, and is self-motivated
- Intermediate math skills; can add, subtract, multiply, divide, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals
- Read, write, speak and understand English
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 or equivalent. Knowledge of pricing structures. Able to read required manuals and blueprints
- Minimum 12 months experience in a warehouse or at a plumbing and heating wholesaler
- Minimum 6 months performing quotations, ideally at a plumbing and heating wholesaler, or equivalent
The successful candidate will periodically work in the warehouse around potentially hazardous equipment (e.g. forklifts, ladders, reach trucks). **Must provide own steel toed CSA approved safety footwear. Working safely is part of our culture.
An industry competitive salary package and benefits are offered. No phone calls please. PLEASE PROVIDE REFERENCES AND SALARY EXPECTATIONS (can be a range min/max). Applicants chosen to be interviewed will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your interest!
Frontier Supply is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace. We strive to attract and retain valued people regardless of their sex, race, color, religion, or other characteristics unrelated to the skills and abilities required for job performance. We value our people by recognizing and developing outstanding individuals and promoting them within the company.