EXPERIENCED DELIVERY DRIVER/WAREHOUSE SHIPPER-RECEIVER
EDMONTON (Plumbing/Heating/HVAC side)
Closing Date: Apr/26/2019
FRONTIER PLUMBING & HEATING SUPPLY in EDMONTON requires an experienced (2 years or more), hard working, physically fit, safety conscious, customer service oriented Delivery Driver/Warehouse Associate with a minimum of a clean Class 5 driver's license and abstract to work full time hours in a busy warehouse/distribution environment to load, secure and operate a 5 ton flatbed or cube box truck, and safely unload at customer job sites. When not doing runs the expectation is this person will also work in the warehouse in either Shipping/Receiving. This position works out of our location at 14635 - 121 A Avenue N.W.
You must be reliable, self-motivated, well organized and able to work well as part of a team. Part of your responsibility will be to:
- Ensure the truck is maintained in good mechanical condition
- Log/report any problems to the warehouse supervisor or Dispatcher
- Understand and follow company policy, procedures and health/safety rules
- Complete the Driver's daily log and pre/post trip vehicle inspection reports
Definite "must haves" are:
- Good geographic knowledge of Edmonton and local area (important!!!)
- Basic plumbing/heating/HVAC or equivalent knowledge
- Basic computer skills
- Good communication, reading and basic math skills
- Forklift (sit down)/reach truck (stand up) experience (ticket preferred)
- TDG and WHMIS 2015/GHS certification
- Experience loading and securing product safely and in accordance with provincial OH&S and Transport Alberta regulations
- Experience working in warehouse shipping/receiving.
This job requires periodic lifting and moving of loads between 75 - 100 pounds, possibly more on occasion (with assistance), and some extended bending and stretching in a medium risk work environment. Applicants must provide their own steel toed work boots. Accuracy and efficient time management are important to ensure the job is done right the first time, every time in a safe manner.
Frontier is a COR Certified employer through the Alberta Construction Safety Association (ACSA). Ensuring the health and safety of our employees is of utmost importance.
Orientation will be provided.
An industry competitive salary is offered. Please indicate your wage expectations. Ensure 2-3 references who know your work are available to contact No phone calls please. Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your interest!!
Frontier Supply is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace. We strive to attract and retain valued people regardless of their sex, race, color, religion, or other characteristics unrelated to the skills and abilities required for job performance. We value our people by recognizing and developing outstanding individuals and promoting them within the company.