Closing Date: Feb/28/2019
Frontier Plumbing & Heating Supply is accepting applications (cover letter + resume) from qualified candidates to fill the position of Warehouse Manager for its current location at 14635 - 121A Avenue N.W. , to run the day-to-day operations. This position reports to the Branch Operations Manager, and is part of the local management team.
The ideal candidate is:
- highly motivated, physically fit, and has several years of progressively more responsible leadership experience safely coaching and directing a warehouse team and operating a busy warehouse (Shipping/Receiving/Yard), ideally in the wholesale plumbing/heating/HVAC, or similar, industry.
- Someone with proven administration, communication (verbal/written), people management and team building skills, who is passionate about their responsibilities, is seen as a health and safety champion, and can identify the best talents of employees so they can be successful and build a career within the company.
- Someone known to have a strong work ethic,who is results oriented.
Key Duties and Responsibilities (in conjunction with Branch management):
- Ensures efficient utilization of resources (human, equipment, systems, supplies).
- Is responsible for the continued performance and development of staff by identifying training needs and developing skill sets and competencies.
- Ensures that, in compliance with company policy: . . .
- warehouse staff are proactively hired and supervised which may include interviews, resolving employee relations matters, application of appropriate performance management measures and maintaining morale.
- health and safety inspections and hazard assessments are completed
- accident investigation reports, WCB reports are completed
- all warehouse personnel documentation specifically related to equipment training, health and safety training (e.g. forklift, first aid, TDG, WHMIS 2015/GHS), absences, vacations and disciplinary actions is completed
- records are kept (copies forwarded to Calgary Head Office HR or Payroll as required).
- Is generally responsible for compliance with all policies and procedures of the company.
- Is responsible for contributing to budget proposals for the Branch in areas of equipment, human resources and building maintenance and upkeep.
- Recommends and suggests ideas to generate growth for the branch and to problem-solve any issues.
- Is responsible for meeting warehouse performance goals according to financial metrics.
- Shares responsibility for the security, health and safety of warehouse employees, other employees, customers and visitors to the location, as well as security and preventative maintenance of building and equipment.
- Appoints and trains appropriate backup personnel while he/she is away on holidays and/or absent, (as part of succession planning).
- Performs any other duties in the position as assigned and/or requested.
An industry competitive remuneration and benefits package is offered. If interested please send a cover letter and resume, along with salary expectations (can be a range min/max) and 2-3 references from supervisors you worked with who can speak to your knowledge, skills and abilities.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your interest!
Frontier Supply is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace. We strive to attract and retain valued people regardless of their sex, race, color, religion, or other characteristics unrelated to the skills and abilities required for job performance. We value our people by recognizing and developing outstanding individuals and promoting them within the company.